Monday, May 26, 2014

Adventures with Toby


Greg and I went to Marin yesterday to visit my parents, and spend the day off relaxing. It was a beautiful day, definitely around 80 degrees or so, but with a nice breeze. As I mentioned a few posts ago, every time I go there I always mean to get some photos taken in the creek area behind our house. Growing up, I was down there with my brother nearly every day exploring the terrain. Since I can remember I have always been a lover of forests. I feel so at home in them. Here are some photos that I took walking around the trees with Toby, our family dog who looks like a giant fox. I always joke with my friends saying that my dream would be to live with a pack of wolves in a forest, but still run around in my favorite dresses. I think this is as close as I'll get to that.

I always throw this Karen Walker dress on when it's warm out. It's a nice light fabric, and its flowy fit feels nice in the heat and doesn't cling to my skin if I'm sweaty. Plus, it's another dress of mine that has pockets! I love that it's chambray, and I also love the pleated collar. Matched with my cat shoes, it was a pretty simple outfit. I was worried about the lighting, but looking at these photos now I actually like how the splotched sun spots look in them.

Wearing
Chambray Polka Dot Dress - Karen Walker via Ebay
Black Cat Shoes - Persunmall










2 comments:

  1. Your polka dot dress is so adorable! I love the two stripes at the bottom too.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete