Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Gwen Stacy

I originally had a couple of other posts lined up for this week. That is until I saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 last night. I personally am enjoying this newer rendition of the Spider-Man movies much more than the Tobey Maguire movies (sorry I'm not sorry). Gwen Stacy isn't a comic book character I know much about, and I admittedly wasn't sure how I felt about Emma Stone playing her in the first movie. However she grew on me, I think I just wasn't used to seeing her with blonde hair. And then The Amazing Spider-Man 2 happened, and every single outfit that Gwen Stacy wears is on point.

They did such a perfect job keeping her outfits true to the comic that this film is based on, which was released in 1973. It's the perfect translation of 70s clothing worn in 2014. Bear with me because I couldn't find a good quality version of the movie online to screen-cap, but I found the best images that I could of my favorite outfits of hers (pretty much all of them). The patterns, printed tights, knee-high riding boots, and beautiful coats all make me want it to be fall right now!


It starts out with Gwen graduating, but just the sneak peak of whatever blouse or dress she's wearing under her graduation gown is adorable.



Then she wears this amazing pale yellow trench coat, again hiding some adorable blouse under it, along with some sheer polka dot patterned tights and brown T-strap heels.



I loved this pale pink coat with the polka dot shirt underneath. Personally I could do without the scarf, but it still looks great. I love the silhouette of the coat.



I surprisngly (to myself) loved this outfit. A white printed blouse under a coral blazer with some athletic looking cropped pants and black flats. I don't usually go for athletic looking pieces, but I loved this combo on her. (Sorry, this one turned out a bit blurrier than the others). 


Another printed blouse under a classic looking blazer and skirt, for her Oxford interview. 



Here's the infamous outfit of hers from the comic. It's so perfectly put together. Everything from the kilt style skirt, to the printed blouse, along with printed tights. And look at the lining on that coat! Plus, the coat itself is amazing with the piping. If only I could own this entire outfit.


This one I loved just for the closeup on the floral lining of the coat. The best part of this outfit is that it's literally the same outfit that she wears (SPOILER if you click the link) in the comic. Sorry for the photo heavy post, especially since not all of them are top quality. I'll try to upgrade them as more screen caps are released once the movie has been out longer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment