Thursday, May 15, 2014

Too Hot


 Okay so I accidentally was really lazy with posting this week. But as previously mentioned, I am not a creature of sunny weather, so I tend to retreat to my house with the blinds closed when it gets too warm out, so that I can hibernate until it's safe outside again. However I do have to leave the house for work, so this was one of those trips home. Sometimes I'll take the 6 bus, which drops you off right at the top of these stairs. It has such a lovely view of the Sunset area (I posted a picture that shows the view in that last photo).

When it's hot out I, like most people I presume, like to wear as little as possible. This dress is such a nice light fabric, and I love the slight v-neckline on the backside of the dress, so I just threw it on with some ferragamos and kept it really basic. It's the only drop waist dress that I own, but I'd love to find some more in the future. It was such a steal, I think it was $15.99 on sale at Urban Outfitters. They actually matched the price for me in-store, because it was cheaper online. One of the sales associates found two left in my size according to the computer, and after we both searched the sales section for about 15 minutes, I found one in my size crumpled under a sales rack. Success! I'm always willing to fight to find the pieces I want.

Wearing
Blue CÖ Drop Waist Dress: Urban Outfitters
Navy Ferragamo Vara Flats: Ebay
'Anytime' Sunglasses: Karen Walker 
Straw Banana Purse: Dahlia UK





Oh and I forgot to mention the best part about this dress: it has pockets! I don't know about all of you, but that will pretty much seal the deal of purchase for me. Also if anyone noticed, I got a haircut! Thank goodness, it was just in time for the heatwave.





 Even if I don't like the heat, I admit that it's always really nice to see the ocean so clearly like this every now and then.

2 comments: