Monday, May 5, 2014

May the 4th Be With You

Spent the day yesterday hanging out and celebrating Star Wars Day. Not really celebrating I guess, but I did play some Shadows of the Empire... I played up until I had to fight IG 88. Then I got too scared and had to turn it off. Not sure why, but that robot has always freaked me out. Maybe because he has no actual face? Anyways, it was a nice day out so I went for a walk around the neighborhood to make up for the gaming.


(Clearly I know nothing about photography, and am still figuring out how to take pictures for a blog, because this photo above would've been great had it not been for the shadow. Oops. But I still like it, so there it is anyways.)


I wanted to get some photos of one of my newer shirts from asos. The funny thing is this style of the shirt is one that I had been in search of for possibly the last year or two... maybe even three. I have a vintage shirt with this sort of collar that's slightly too big on me, as well as this asos dress, but I still don't know what the official term for this kind of collar is. According to asos, it's a "shirt with frill collar." At least now I know that I can search that term on asos to hopefully find more, although on etsy I always seem to have the most luck with "pierrot collar." But this one from asos finally seems to be the perfect version for me! It's still available and is on sale for $23, by the way. Quite a steal.

I kept trying to pair the blouse with different black skirts of mine, but it made me look too much like a maid or caterer or something along those lines. So I paired it with my beaded Zara skirt. I liked how the navy looked with it. And I decided to throw up hair up in a Bomberman bun (I know it's called a topknot, but it always makes me feel like Bomberman), since my hair is getting way too thick and long right now, and I just needed it out of the way.

Wearing:
 Banana Republic Camel Coat: Goodwill Boutique
Beaded Navy Kilt Skirt: Zara
Straw Banana Purse: Dahlia UK
Black Patent Ferragamo Vara Flats: Ebay
Sunglasses: Karen Walker 'Anytime' 




And here are a couple close ups of my skirt and bag. In case anyone is interested in the details. The skirt has some cool beaded action going on. I suppose it's more of a fall/winter skirt, but hey, that's why I love San Francisco. Nothing really ever goes out of season. The banana purse is one of my favorites. Can't go wrong with a fruit print on a nice day. I bought it last summer, and Dahlia UK went out of their way to help get me one. It was sold out online but I contacted their Facebook page, and they were nice enough to send one from their store. I guess the UK location had some left in stock that weren't available online. 







2 comments:

  1. Amanda! I am in love with your white, ruffled collar shirt! You always look so cute and your style is uniquely yours. :) Also digging those bangs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Arielle! : ) I hope you've been well, I miss you!!

      Delete