Friday, April 25, 2014

Golden Gate Park


This past Monday, my good friend Ari and I were planning to go and check out the Conservatory of Flowers. They just got their new 'Chomp' exhibit, which is a carnivorous plant exhibit. I happen to be a carnivorous plant collector/owner, so I always love going to see it. It's actually Chomp 3, because this is the third time they've done the exhibit due to its popularity. Funny enough, this is the second time Ari and I have tried to go to the Conservatory on a Monday, and they are closed on Mondays. D'oh. Third time's a charm?

Since we weren't able to check out Chomp, we ended up walking around Golden Gate Park. I ended up taking Ari to this little area behind the Academy of Sciences (where I work), to show her this cool spot that I like to eat my lunch at. It ends up leading into the AIDS Memorial Grove, and it's amazing how out of the city you can feel by walking just a few feet into the trails. We stopped to take some photos.



 Wearing
Striped Turtle Neck Crop Top: h&m
Vintage Cream Coat: thrifted
Black A Line Skirt: Zara
Gold and Black Cat Shoes: Persunmall

I wasn't quite sure about the crop top, but I sized up and like how it fits now that it's more like a normal shirt with a shorter hem. Plus it was only $17.95, and for a Divided item, its quality is really good. Anytime a shirt has a nice short turtleneck collar like this, it seems nearly impossible for me to resist it. It's fun to wear with high waisted things like this skirt, but would still be slightly cropped if I were to wear it with a regular waisted bottom. Maybe one day I'll give that a shot. 





We wandered further into the Aids Memorial Grove area and found tons of these stacked stones. The creators were still there and finishing up their work. It was so pretty and peaceful, and the stones were literally everywhere.



Here are a couple beautiful shots of Ari. She's a bit more brave with her posing than I am, and her pictures turned out lovely. Ari is a really talented artist, and if you would like to check out her work, she has an art blog that you can look at here! (http://ariannebird.tumblr.com)








1 comment:

  1. That was such a fun outing! You look so beautiful and love your outfit Amanda! We need to go to the park like every week! XO

    ReplyDelete