Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Eyes

Alexa Chung with a perfect eyeball manicure
I don't know when it officially struck me, it was probably around the time I first saw the above image of Alexa Chung with her amazing eyeball manicure, that I realized eyeballs go quite well with clothing/accessories. I used to always think of eyeballs as more of a 90s grunge thing, which is cool but not personally my style. So it was awesome to see this more sleek, kind of Egyptian style of eyeball print appear on clothing and accessories suddenly.

If I'm being completely honest, I'm quite positive that I was brainwashed while playing The Legend of Zelda games, as not only are the arrow targets eyes that need to be searched for and shot to unlock doors or trigger progress in the game, but the game features the Sheikah, who are a race of ninja like people in the game that are sworn to protect the royal family, and wear this really cool eye symbol. In fact just searching for images now, I found this whole Zelda wiki page discussing eye symbolism in the game. So it's no surprise that I find myself stocking up on any eyeball print item I stumble upon. For those who don't know me, I have always been in love with the Zelda series, perhaps a bit more than the average Zelda fan, and I have grown up with the games as a constant factor in my life. It's definitely an obsession of mine. Even if you aren't into gaming, it's kind of interesting reading about the symbols in the game, and seeing what they look like.

Now to the point of all of this. I found yet another perfect eye print yesterday while I was browsing around Urban Outfitters via BAGGU. I'm familiar with the brand from working briefly at Madewell a couple of years ago. We sold some of the adorable printed BAGGU's there that are great for grocery shopping. But I had NO idea that they created leather items as well. I'm only seeing the eyeball printed bags on Urban's website, but Baggu's website has the plain versions of the bags, if the eyes are too crazy for you. Here are the eyeball printed ones:

BAGGU Custom Duck Tote Bag $19.99 found here
BAGGU Allover Print Leather Tote Bag $180 found here
BAGGU Medium Printed Leather Zip Pouch $44 found here
BAGGU Small Printed Leather Zip Pouch $30 found here

While I wish I had the funds to splurge on the large black and white tote, I also wouldn't mind just grabbing a small or medium leather zip pouch to keep items in my purse under control. Now to work on that eyeball manicure...



2 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm just putting together a post on eyes, too.

    Now your love of Alexa Chung, that I do not understand : P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you and I see eye to eye ; )

    I don't know what's up with my girl crush on Alexa Chung. It seems like most people I know either love her or hate her. I just always find inspiration when I look at her outfits, and I feel like she mixes 60s style with modern/vintage or vintage inspired pieces perfectly. I can always get out of a "I have nothing to wear" rut when I look through outfits of hers. She also just seems like a fun person in general, but obviously I could be totally wrong and don't know her at all.

    ReplyDelete