Monday, April 14, 2014

Beach Blanket Babylon

This past Saturday I celebrated my moms birthday with family (Happy Birthday Mom!), and we went to see Beach Blanket Babylon. It was really great, I had never seen it before and only had a faint idea of what it really was. Essentially it's kind of like one big SNL skit featuring Snow White, who is from San Francisco in the performance, trying to find true love because she can't find a prince in SF. It's full of San Francisco references, as well as political and musical parodies in lots of different big cities across the world. We then finished the night off at a great little Italian restaurant over in North Beach. It was the perfect chance for me to bust out my new eyeball dress from Zara.

Photo taken courtesy of my brother 
Wearing
Vintage Black Coach Bag: Ebay
Black Block Heel Sandals: Zara Winter 2013
'Anytime' Sunglasses: Karen Walker
Black Silk Jacket: Anne Klein thrifted

The dress gets a lot of compliments, to my surprise, as when I bought it from Zara the woman that rang it up for me mentioned how unique it was and "wondered what kind of person was going to come in to buy it." Thanks, I think? I love its pale blue hue, and it's incredibly comfortable. It was one of those pieces that I knew I had to have the moment I saw it, and for only $50, it's not a bad price for a Zara dress. The shoes are a new style for me recently, as I'm usually turned towards a more vintage shoe style, but after seeing Alexa Chung pull them off, I became determined to try them out myself. I'm happy with them so far. Oh and hopefully I'll get more photos of my outfits in the future. I'm still trying to force myself to get into the swing of outfit photos... it'll take some getting used to on my part.

1 comment: