Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

Celebrated Easter with my family on Saturday night as well as my boyfriends family on Sunday. I had planned to get some pictures of me around the creek behind my parents house where I grew up, just because it's such a pretty background setting, but of course I waited and lost the sunlight, so that will have to be something I do next time I'm over there. But I did get some quick pictures of what I wore yesterday.


Wearing
Swing Dress in Monochrome Flower Print: Asos
Coral 'Eastward' Coat: Lauren Moffatt
Black Patent Block Heel Mary Janes: Zara
Vintage Black Coach Bag: Ebay
'Anytime' Sunglasses: Karen Walker

I remember wanting a dress with this pattern on it pretty much the second I saw the Prada SS '13 Ready to Wear, and also after seeing Lea Seydoux wear this perfect coat. I knew the flower print would be popular and that other companies would likely be making pieces with the print. And I struck luck on asos. This dress had come in a long sleeve and short sleeve, and unfortunately the long sleeve was the one I really wanted, but it sold out. But I still love this dress, and because it was so hot out yesterday, short sleeve was actually better anyways. I got it sometime last year, but it appears to still be available and on sale.

The coat is one of Lauren Moffatt's beautiful creations, and I can't remember where I first saw it... probably on a blog. I knew I loved it, but kind of just loved to look at it. Then when I was watching Mad Men, Season 5 Episode 6 entitled 'Far Away Places,' I fell in love with Megan Draper's coral zig zag coat. I immediately knew I wanted to own a coral coat of some kind, and then the zig zags on her coat made me think of the white arrows on the Lauren Moffatt coat. I finally managed to track it down on ebay for a decent price, and now we are happily together. And that's the crazy way my mind works when it comes to clothes.

Lastly the black mary janes I snagged at the Zara sale this past winter for like $20, and they're an awesome staple to go to when I don't know what shoes to wear. Looking back to Lea Seydoux, I had never been the hugest fan of the mary jane style of shoe, and then I saw her character 'Candy' from the Prada Candy commercials that Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola created, wearing a mary jane style shoe that I really loved. Those ads are also the reason I want a silk dress and coat.



If you haven't seen the Prada Candy/Wes Anderson ads, please please watch them:


4 comments:

  1. Uhm, that ad totally worked on me and now I want that perfume. And to be French. And birthday cake. And the 60s...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! I almost wrote that actually... this is one of the few times that advertisements actually made me immediately want to run out to buy the product. It's amazing.

      Delete
  2. AHHH i'm crazy jeal of that jacket! these posts are growing on me more & more, i love all your clothes so it's like i live vicariously through you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm glad you're liking it so far, cause I honestly have no idea what I'm doing haha : ) I really appreciate it

      Delete