Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pieces I Pine For

As that one woman in Napoleon Dynamite once said regarding that ship in a bottle, "I want that." It seems there is always a list going through my head of what I wish I had the money to purchase at the time. I mean duh, I'm sure everyone has this list in their heads, even if it isn't specific to clothing. Anyhoo, please humor me in letting me share some pieces that I wish I had the money to afford at the moment, in no particular order:


1. These lovely Miss KG Norelle Cut Out Pewter Flat Shoes $123.85 - I used to be what one might call a "gold person," meaning that I preferred gold clothing (or jewelry, or shoe accents) to silver, but I think I'm starting to switch teams. Or appreciate both, at least. These shoes are perfection. Straight up.


2. The Rue St. Vincent coat by Family Affairs $184 - I've always been a massive fan of Family Affairs since first laying eyes on their pieces from Spring 2011 that popped up on a few blogs I was reading at the time, and always try to save up for at least one piece from each collection of theirs. Hopefully if I can save this coming month, I can obtain this cotton candy dream. 


3. This ASOS Reclaimed Vintage Pink Hawaiian Top and Skirt set $60.97 (top) $66.69 (bottom) - Not only have I been trying to find the perfect vintage or vintage inspired Hawaiian print dress, but I've also been a big fan of the two piece matching sets lately. This would kill two birds with one stone. I'm not usually big on pink, but I love how tropical this looks. It also comes in this darker, more cliche Hawaiian print. I'd be happy with either.


4. This pair of Block Heel Patent Black boots from Zara. They're no longer sold in stores, but they're all over Ebay. Depending on how well you bid/search, the price can vary. I have a couple of pairs of boots from h&m that I love, but I really want a nice classic looking pair of boots like this. It's such a staple piece for a wardrobe. I love that the height isn't crazy, and that they would immediately make any outfit look chic. 


5. This silver Metallic Leather Coat by Marc Jacobs, only a whopping $1,595 - Seriously, I just laughed out loud to myself while I read that price tag. What's even crazier is that it's sold out at that price. I mean don't get me wrong, it's an absolutely stunning coat, but I think I'll settle for a knock off, or similar looking vintage replica. After seeing Alexa Chung sport this, I had already realized how much I needed a silver coat in my life, but then after just seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past, Quicksilver convinced me even further that a silver coat is a must have. I actually have found a similar looking one on eBay, but don't want to post it for fear of someone swooping it from me. We'll see if I end up going for it. I can assure you it's nowhere near $1,595.

No comments:

Post a Comment