Monday, June 30, 2014

60s Velvet


The other day I went to my friend Ari's art show at FFDG art gallery in the mission. It was full of great prints from different artists. I actually ended up purchasing a print that featured a photo of me from this day in Golden Gate Park. It was a lot of fun, and I'd highly recommend that you check out Ari's art and prints. She has an etsy shop as well as a tumblr featuring her work. She's a very talented friend of mine!

Since moving back to the Sunset about a year ago or so now, I still forget that it's much warmer once you pass the Divisadero border. Without thinking I threw on this black velvet dress, black tights, and my sandals because it was so foggy when I left, plus I threw on a big coat. But of course once I got to the Mission I realized it was actually really warm. Luckily I was able to take off my tights and carry the coat around.

This black velvet dress is a favorite of mine that I sadly always forget that I own. I got it at Idol Vintage on 16th at Valencia. If you've never been there you have to check it out. When you first walk in it looks like they only have costumey stuff, but they really do have some gems. They're also so friendly, and the woman that works there always gives me a discount because I go in so often. I had been about to leave the shop one evening and then saw this dress hanging on the wall in there. It fit perfectly, so obviously I went home with it. The lace detail on it is so lovely.

Wearing
60s Velvet Dress: Idol Vintage
Black "Issa" Sandals: Sole Society





1 comment:

  1. That dress is wonderful, I love velvet dresses
    and the lace detail on the sleeves and the collar is so cute. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete