Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Knee Highs

Ok, so I know I already did a post on Gwen Stacy and all of her perfect looks from The Amazing Spider Man 2, so I won't repeat anything, but there was a particular look of hers that featured a pair of sheer polka dot knee high socks:


I personally wouldn't do the brown boots with this outfit, however I love the knee high socks. Knee highs are an item I used to wear all of the time. A few years ago I worked at Ben Sherman, and was really into dressing and being as mod as possible. At some point I got it into my head that knee highs were mod. Now that I think back, there's nothing that's actually that mod about them, but I would always wear a black pair. 

A year or so after that, thigh high socks became popular. I think that's why it was so refreshing to see some nice sheer, polka dotted knee highs again. I've been wanting to get myself a pair for summer to wear with sandals and flats. I do love the contrast of her navy (or black?) pair with the white polka dots, but I personally am loving this powder blue pair from American Apparel (below). They come in navy, black, truffle, and "wild dove," which is the powder blue pair I was referring to. For $8 I don't see anything stopping me from getting a pair. 



No comments:

Post a Comment