Tuesday, September 9, 2014

In Defense of Alexa Chung



Alright, I'm sure tons of people have already read this title and rolled their eyes. Over the years, I've started to learn that a lot of people out there really dislike Alexa Chung. Everyone has their reasons, and no, I don't know her personally at all, but she is without a doubt a huge inspiration to me when it comes to getting dressed each day. I don't remember where I first discovered her; probably on a blog. I don't even really remember when I realized how much I loved her aesthetic. But she manages to always combine 60s looking modern and vintage pieces in such a way that I relate to. I've always loved dressing classically, and I feel like she manages to capture that same aesthetic that I myself like to go for. Yet she still, like me, loves to incorporate weird accessories and pieces into her wardrobe, and still look mod most of the time. It's perfect, really. Additionally, while she does have some pricier pieces, a lot of her pieces are still attainable. She seems to shop at most places that I myself could also shop at without feeling too out of place.

And on top of all of that, she seems to be a very down to earth person, and she's often quite funny. There was one interview of hers I heard recently where she and her interviewer prank call a couple of her friends. She has a great grasp on awkwardness, and accepts herself for who she is. She's also very big on not taking fashion seriously, which is so important. Her style is often described as a  combination of tomboy and feminine - another thing that I relate to. In fact, I'd say that describes my personality quite well. If you were to ask most people that know me, I am a tomboy. However the way that I dress doesn't always translate that, and I admire how she manages to capture that concept.

Ultimately, it's really just my opinion. But I have a huge folder on my desktop filled with her favorite looks of mine that I'll look through when I'm in a clothing rut. If you're on board with me, I've chosen my favorite looks of hers to share here. It's quite photo heavy, so I apologize in advance.












































No comments:

Post a Comment