Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October 1st!

It's October 1st, which means that Fall is feeling more and more real every day! Despite the forecast having 80 degree weather tomorrow and Friday, blegh. I'm so stubborn that I've already started wearing fall clothes, sweating through each day, hoping that it will change the weather. Hopefully soon enough. 

Anyways, I wanted to share my eyeball manicure that I gave myself this past month. It was my first ever attempt, and while there are definitely things I want to change about it next time around (making the eyes even bigger, making the iris a darker color, and the background color brighter), I think it went pretty well for a first attempt. They got a lot of compliments, and I can't way to try to do them again. I think it's spooky enough to be relevant for October.


A lot of people asked how I did them. For those of you that are interested in giving it a go, this is the tutorial video that I used. This girl is adorable, and her technique is really helpful to make the eyes look right, but with realistic nail skill expectations. Enjoy, and Happy Halloween Month! 


If you follow me on instragram, you've probably seen that I switched over to a more witchy looking manicure as of today. It was recently shown on a Modcloth post, and I knew I wanted to try it out. Which is weird because since when have I been one of those girls that's always changing up manicures? Usually my nails are a blank slate. Oh well, for now it's something I'm enjoying. I definitely want to try to paint little ghosts on them as it gets closer to Halloween! In the meantime, I'll be wearing fuzzy coats and buying lots and lots of pumpkins and Halloween decorations! 


No comments:

Post a Comment